Mental escape: Ferry Building Farmers Market

Today was weird—not bad, just weird. In fact, the last week or so has felt this way, and I can’t help but think it’s because I haven’t been to the Bay in a while. I need a day trip for inspiration.

That’s going to be hard to pull off this week, so instead, I’m flipping through recent photos from a trip to Ferry Building Marketplace.

Fresno Amtrak station. That was my first experience on a train; I think I like driving.

Inside the Ferry Building. It’s incredible (even if a little crowded).

Mozzarella sandwich from Cowgirl Creamery Sidekick. Simple and delicious.

This guy sold me salmon jerky sticks—”swim jims.” I love him.

8 Responses to “Mental escape: Ferry Building Farmers Market”

1. Anna Larsen
    July 26, 2011 at 5:38 am #

Those Swim Jims were pretty awesome. The paired nicely with Chelums and crappy beer. Beautiful work.

July 26, 2011 at 5:52 am #

🙂

2. Alisa
    July 26, 2011 at 6:19 am #

I love that second ferry pic! Also, today was weird and the last was week was weird because you live too far from the Bay. The closer you get, the better you will feel.

3. Sarah
    July 26, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

I will go anywhere to experience Cowgirl Creamery! Thankfully we have one here in the District 🙂

July 26, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

I’m jealous, Sarah! I don’t think it’s available in town for me, though as I write that I realize I haven’t tried Whole Foods. I guess I just have have to take more trips to the Bay…

• Tari Pie
        July 29, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

They do have Cowgirl Creamery at WF. But it’s tastier fresh from the Farmers’ market in Oakland, 🙂

4. Tari Pie
    July 30, 2011 at 12:00 am #

I happen to like taking the train. I like being able to stare out at the scenery, have a cocktail, and play cribbage. It is definitely a lifesaver when going up to the deli in Healdsburg. Of course, it also may be due to the piece of junk I drive that gets low mileage and has no AC.

July 30, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Hmm, no AC would definitely impact my decision to drive 🙂

If I had brought a book or activity, I would have enjoyed the trip more, but I thought there’d be wifi available (something I heard somewhere), so I thought I could do a little work.